Swimming

Thirteen people treated by paramedics after gas leak at hotel swimming pool


A gas leak at a four-star hotel’s swimming pool in Kent has resulted in 13 people being treated by paramedics.

One woman was taken to hospital after emergency services were called to the Ashford International Hotel just after 3pm this afternoon.

Three fire crews and the South East Coast Ambulance Service’s hazardous area response team attended the incident.

Hotel staff evacuated guests before fire crews made the building safe.

Kent and Fire Service said in a statement: “Firefighters were called to reports of a gas leak at a hotel’s swimming pool in Simone Weil Avenue, Ashford.

“Crews wearing breathing apparatus and gas-tight suits carried out a search and made the scene safe while paramedics from South East Coast Ambulance Service’s hazardous area response team treated 13 people who presented themselves for assessment.”

Emergency services attended the scene at Ashford International Hotel around 3pm today [file image]

A spokesman for the South East Coast Ambulance Service said: “Ambulance crews including our Hazardous Area Response Team (HART) attended the scene following reports of people suffering from breathing difficulties.

“A total of 13 people were assessed and treated at the scene.

“One woman was taken to William Harvey Hospital for precautionary reasons.”

Emergency services left the scene at around 4.30pm.

Fire crews, Public Health England and Ashford Borough Council are investigating the incident, a KFRS spokesman said.

Run by the QHotels Group, which boasts luxury venues around the country, the accommodation appeared to remain open on Sunday evening.

A hotel spokeswoman said it would not be commenting on the incident at this time.

Read More

Top news stories from Mirror Online



Original Source

Comment here