SAN FRANCISCO — Three Pac-12 Ladies’s Soccer groups will compete on this week’s 2019 NCAA School Cup for the primary time in league historical past, marking simply third time in match historical past one league could have three semifinalists. STANFORD, UCLA, and WASHINGTON STATE all have alternative to be topped the 2019 NCAA Champion this weekend with the likelihood for an All-Pac-12 closing for the second time in Convention historical past.
High-seeded Stanford (22-1) makes its third-straight look within the School Cup on Friday, Dec. 6 (6:30 p.m. PT, ESPNU) going through UCLA, marking the primary time two Pac-12 groups compete in a semifinal match. The Cardinal have been within the Closing 4 the final two seasons together with 2017 when it received its second-ever NCAA Championship.
No. 2 seed UCLA (18-4-1) superior to the NCAA School Cup for the 11th time in program historical past and second time within the final three years. The Bruins look to convey momentum from their quarterfinal win over No. 1 seed and defending NCAA Champion Florida State (4-0) final week. The winner of this match will advance to face both Washington State or North Carolina.
Washington State (16-6-1) continues to make college historical past because the Cougs make their first-ever School Cup look. WSU has had a exceptional postseason run topping two top-2 seeded groups together with second-seeded South Carolina final week (1-0) to get to the semifinal. WSU faces No. 1 seed North Carolina on Friday, Dec. 6 (Four p.m. PT, ESPNU). The champion of this sport will compete within the closing on Sunday, Dec. eight in opposition to both Stanford or UCLA.
PAC-12 IN THE NCAA TOURNAMENT:
• The Pac-12 superior three groups to the School Cup for the primary time in league historical past and solely the third time in NCAA historical past (ACC -2011, 2013).
• The Pac-12 at the moment holds an all-time report of 215-135-29 (.606) within the NCAA Event, owns 5 nationwide championships and six-second place finishes.
• The Pac-12 has received an NCAA title in 4 of the final seven seasons, and 5 of the final 11 years (USC ’07, STAN ’11, UCLA ’13, USC ’16, STAN ’17).
• Stanford and UCLA made historical past in a first-ever all-Pac-12 NCAA closing once they met for the 2017 crown. The ACC and WCC are the one different conferences apart from the Pac-12 to have an all-conference nationwide championship sport, with the ACC having accomplished so twice and the WCC as soon as.
• 4 Pac-12 groups superior to the NCAA Event Third Spherical and Quarterfinals for the primary time in Convention historical past. The league’s 4 groups within the Elite Eight led all different conferences (ACC- 2, SEC -1, WCC – 1).
• Seven Pac-12 groups superior to the second spherical of the NCAA Event for the primary time since 2014, and the second time in Convention historical past.
• 9 Pac-12 groups earned a visit to the 2019 NCAA Ladies’s Soccer Event, tied for probably the most of any convention.
• The league had 9 groups within the NCAA Event for the primary time since 2014 and simply the second time in Convention historical past.
• Two Pac-12 groups have mixed for 4 in the course of the NCAA Event as #7 UCLA defeated #6 Florida State (4-0) and Washington State took down #14 Memphis (1-0), #Three Virginia (3-2) and #5 South Carolina (1-0).
• Stanford leads the nation in almost each offensive class: targets (98), assists (98), factors (294), pictures per sport (26.70) and pictures on aim per sport (12.04).
• Cardinal ahead Catarina Macario has now notched probably the most targets (32), assists (23) and factors (87) in class and Pac-12 single-season historical past after her efficiency in final week’s win over BYU (4-1). Macario’s 32 targets this season are the eighth-most in NCAA historical past, whereas her 87 factors are tied for the third-most in NCAA historical past behind Mia Hamm (97) and Christine Sinclair (88).
• UCLA earned its strategy to the semifinals after defeating defending champion and top-seeded Florida State within the quarterfinals (4-0). The shutout victory marked the Bruins’ third-straight within the NCAA Event, the place they’re outscoring opponents, 15-1.
• Washington State continues its historic run this week competing in its first School Cup in class historical past. The Cougs have taken down the No. 1 and No. 2 seeds of their area, and can face top-seeded North Carolina for the second time in WSU historical past, first time since 2003.
NCAA Event Notables:
• Washington State continues to make program historical past because the Cougs competed of their first-ever NCAA Quarterfinal match final week as the one unranked workforce remaining within the match. WSU has additionally amassed a 15-6-1 total report this fall, setting a program report for wins.
• USC topped Santa Clara (1-0) changing into the primary workforce to shutout the Broncos this season.
• USC, UCLA, and Stanford have all recorded season-high aim totals in the course of the match as USC defeated Cal State Fullerton (5-1), Stanford dropped Prairie View A&M (15-0) and UCLA took down Clemson (5-0).
• Stanford set a program and NCAA postseason report with 15 targets in its win over Prairie View A&M (15-0). Ahead Catarina Macario notched 4 targets and 5 assists in opposition to Prairie A&M, totaling 13 factors, a single-match Convention and program report.
• Penelope Hocking netted 4 targets and posted one help in USC’s win over Cal State Fullerton (5-1). Her 9 factors are probably the most in a match by a Trojan and are tied for the fourth-most in a match in league historical past.
• Macario and Hocking’s four-goal performances are third in Pac-12 single-game historical past.
MAC HERMANN TROPHY SEMIFINALISTS:
• 4 Pac-12 student-athletes have been named 2019 MAC Hermann Trophy Semifinalists, tied for probably the most of any convention.
• UCLA’s Jessie Fleming, USC’s Tara McKeown, and Stanford’s Catarina Macario and Naomi Girma have been chosen to a 15 student-athlete checklist based mostly on voting by NCAA Division I ladies’s soccer coaches.
• Three finalists can be named for the award on Friday, Dec. 6 along with the Ladies’s School Cup in San Jose, Calif.
PAC-12 WOMEN’S SOCCER HONORS:
• The Pac-12 Convention introduced the All-Pac-12 ladies’s soccer honors for the 2019 season, as decided by a polling of the Convention coaches.
• USC’s Tara McKeown was voted Pac-12 Ahead of the Yr and is the primary Trojan to earn the honour. • Stanford’s Catarina Macario was tabbed Pac-12 Midfielder of the Yr, her third annual in three seasons, and fellow Cardinal Naomi Girma was named Pac-12 Defensive Participant of the Yr.
• California’s Angelina Anderson was named Pac-12 Goalkeeper and Freshman of the Yr and is the primary participant in Convention historical past to earn each honors.
• Washington head coach Lesle Gallimore was voted the Pac-12 Coach of the Yr.
• For the total checklist of the All-Pac-12 and All-Freshman groups, click on right here.
MAC HERMANN TROPHY WATCH LIST:
• Stanford’s Catarina Macario netted two targets to assist prime BYU (5-1), bringing her profession aim whole to 32, the eighth-most in NCAA historical past and are probably the most scored since 2005. Macarios 32 targets this season lead the nation alongside along with her whole assists (23), whole factors (87), game-winning targets (11), targets per sport (1.39), factors per sport (3.78), and pictures per sport (6.48).
• The Pac-12 boasted the best profitable proportion for the final 4 weeks of non-conference play (.875, .857, .811), ending with a mixed report of 76-14-9 for an .813 proportion, together with 6-Three in opposition to ranked sides.
• Oregon State and USC completed their non-conference slates undefeated, two of simply seven Division I groups to not report a loss in non-conference play.
• The league posted robust spectacular offensive outcomes this fall ending common season play with the third-most assists (382), fourth-most targets (414), and third-most pictures (3,488) within the nation.
2018 IN REVIEW
• Final season, 5 Pac-12 groups earned a visit to the NCAA Event. Stanford entered the match because the No. 1 seed, UCLA at No. 2, and USC at No. 4, whereas Washington State and ARIZONA clinched at-large bids. The Convention posted a powerful postseason run, as all Pac-12 squads went undefeated within the first spherical for the primary time since 2007. The Cardinal, the Bruins, and the Trojans landed spots within the third spherical, marking the third-straight yr three Convention groups have been within the spherical of 16.
UPCOMING SCHEDULE (All Instances Pacific)
|Friday, Nov. 26||TV/Stream||Time|
|Washington State vs. #1 North Carolina||ESPNU||Four p.m. PT|
|#1 Stanford vs. #2 UCLA||ESPNU||6:30 p.m. PT|
2019 WOMEN’S SOCCER PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
MAC Hermann Trophy Watch List
Taylor Kornieck, Colorado; Caterina Macario, Stanford; Sophia Smith, Stanford; Jessie Fleming, UCLA; Lucky Parker, UCLA; Ashley Sanchez, UCLA; Kaylie Collins, USC; Savannah DeMelo, USC; Morgan Weaver, Washington State