The most important overhaul right here is the geometry. Specialised added 20mm of attain to all sizes and slackened the pinnacle angle right down to 66° (66.5° on the M4 body choice). Different modernizing are a seat tube steepened a full diploma to 74° and has been straightened to accommodate lengthy dropper posts, whereas the stand-over peak was dropped by as a lot as 52mm.
• Aluminum hardtail (M4 (premium grade) or M1 choices)
• Single-speed convertible dropout,
• 74° seat tube, 66° head tube
• Wheels: 29″ x 2.6″ commonplace, 27.5″ x 2.8″ Plus suitable
• Sizes: XS, SM, MD, LG, XL
• MSRP: $1,250 USD – Fuse, $2,150 – Fuse Professional, $800 – body solely
• Contact: Specialized Bicycles
There are two geometry charts right here, as two separate frames can be found. The M4 body is featured on Professional and Comp 29 fashions and is produced from a better grade aluminium. This implies Specialised can construct the tube partitions thinner and subsequently make a lighter, however equally as sturdy body.
The tires are nonetheless fatter than common, with out of the field specs coming at both 29×2.6″ or 27.5×2.8″ – positively extra manageable than the three” tires on the unique bike. The remainder of the Fuse is extra typical, with Enhance axle spacing and a threaded backside bracket.
Three builds can be found – two from the M4 grade and one from A1. Costs vary from $1,250 (Fuse 27.5) to $2,150 (Fuse Professional 29). The frame-only choice will retail for $800.