Results of a life-style intervention on postpartum weight retention amongst girls with elevated weight

This web page was created programmatically, to learn the article in its unique location you may go to the hyperlink bellow:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35722816/%3Futm_source%3DFeedFetcher%26utm_medium%3Drss%26utm_campaign%3DNone%26utm_content%3D1Jgu41lFGSj_ShZE4NRQ2hnLFGqOVFuKpoCzfmgi2UmEsRik-%26fc%3DNone%26ff%3D20220620132534%26v%3D2.17.6
and if you wish to take away this text from our web site please contact us



Objective:

The effectiveness of a being pregnant and postpartum behavioral life-style intervention on postpartum weight retention was examined.


Methods:

Pregnant girls with obese and weight problems in South Carolina had been recruited right into a theory-based randomized managed trial (n = 112 intervention, n = 107 normal care), which was designed to scale back gestational weight achieve and postpartum weight retention.


Results:

Participants (44% African American, 56% White) had a imply prepregnancy BMI of 32.3 kg/m2 and had been at 12.6 weeks’ gestation at baseline. From prepregnancy to six months submit partum, intervention individuals retained much less weight than normal care girls (imply distinction: -3.6 kg, 95% CI: -5.5 to -1.8). The intervention impact was maintained at 12 months submit partum (imply distinction: -2.4 kg, 95% CI: -4.3 to -0.5). Intervention girls had 2.3 instances greater odds of getting no weight retention at 6 months submit partum versus normal care girls (95% CI: 1.2 to 4.4). Intervention individuals additionally had decrease odds of retaining ≥5% of their prepregnancy weight after supply (adjusted odds ratio: 0.3, 95% CI: 0.1 to 0.5 at 6 months; adjusted odds ratio: 0.3, 95% CI: 0.2 to 0.6 at 12 months).


Conclusion:

This theory-based life-style intervention resulted in considerably much less weight retention at 6 and 12 months after supply amongst pregnant girls with obese and weight problems.


This web page was created programmatically, to learn the article in its unique location you may go to the hyperlink bellow:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35722816/%3Futm_source%3DFeedFetcher%26utm_medium%3Drss%26utm_campaign%3DNone%26utm_content%3D1Jgu41lFGSj_ShZE4NRQ2hnLFGqOVFuKpoCzfmgi2UmEsRik-%26fc%3DNone%26ff%3D20220620132534%26v%3D2.17.6
and if you wish to take away this text from our web site please contact us

Leave a Reply

You have to agree to the comment policy.

1 × 4 =